Perilous Shores is a fantasy region generator with the scale of resulting maps ranging from an area around a single town to a small continent. While the maps are built on a hexagonal grid, the generator tries to be subtle about that underlying geometry. It was designed to produce hand-drawn looking maps, but now it is capable of displaying them in a variety of styles.
- Settlements of different sizes connected by roads.
- Dungeons (called here "dangers").
- Settlements can be opened in MFCG or VG, dangers can be opened in 1PDG.
- Configurable by tags e.g. large, evil, wetland...
- PNG and SVG export.
- Natural feature descriptions (similar to town descriptions).
- Map labels instead of the legend.
- Scale bar, more interesting borders.
- Sea routes.